James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Champions' League draw (qualifying round)

For those who care (this might just be me alone) here are some of the ties for the Champions' League:

Third qualifying round
Artmedia Bratislava or Celtic v Partizan Belgrade or Sheriff Tiraspol
Shakhtar Donetsk v Internazionale
Shelbourne or Steaua Bucharest v Rosenborg
Manchester United v Debrecen or Hajduk Split
Everton v Villarreal
FBK Kaunas or Liverpool v Dinamo Tirana or CSKA Sofia
Anorthosis Famagusta or Trabzonspor v Rangers
Dinamo Tbilisi or Brondby v Ajax
Real Betis v Monaco
Wisla Krakow v Panathinaikos
(First legs: August 9/10; Second legs: August 23/24)

I would have preferred an easier draw for United (Man United, that is, in fear of patronising) but I reckon United should get through fairly easily.

If Liverpool play CSKA Sofia then that would be tricky. Let's hope Liverpool get either a) hammered or b) deperately lose in injury time of the second leg. I suspect they will bore their way through round after round but here's hoping.

I don't fancy Everton's chances against Villareal.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

Believe me, you're not the only one who cares. I recently started soccerhaven.blogspot.com and also have reformatussum.blogspot.com. I have enjoyed your posts.

July 30, 2005

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

My ignorance, Eddie, and thanks for the links. It seems that a few people have similar interests, right down to those who dare to laugh at a recent Man Utd FRIENDLY game.

July 31, 2005

 
Anonymous steph said...

whoops, sorry - I hope that wasn't me. If it was, I wasn't laughing. That would be rude! I just thought the fact that the BBC sports announcer mentioned the earthquake was funny. Man Utd will probably mean something to me from now on because I will connect them with Barrow!

July 31, 2005

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

Oh, I think I can perhaps find it in my heart to forgive this time!

July 31, 2005

 
Blogger Jim said...

Huh?

;-)

August 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home