James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A New Manchester United Fan

Jim West provides a link to a Danish review of England's 4-1 defeat in Copenhagen to the Danes. Like many/some football/soccer fans I'm not (fortunately) too bothered about England (just Man U) so I'm not too bothered (in fact I think I even laughed. As Jim has made an attempt to fit in (his words), I think that in addition to being an honorary Dane/Copenhagen-er he can now be declared an honorary Manchester United fan. That way he can get the best of both worlds. Can't lose, surely?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Does that mean I have to get a uniform? Or decorate my walls with team colors? Because I'm not sure I'm willing to be that big a fan.... ;-)

August 18, 2005

 
Blogger J. B. Hood said...

Jim,

it means you must paint your chest red and black, or white with a red cross if you just want to generically root for England.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen such at an English game--only at American sporting events. (I'm sure you've painted your chest blue and jumped up and down for two 20 minute halves at Cameron Indoor...'fess up!)

August 19, 2005

 
Blogger Jim said...

I have never painted myself ever!!!!

But I have had a red face from embarassment.... Does that count?

August 19, 2005

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

It's worth thinking about as its much cheaper than buying the Man United kit!

August 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home