James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Friday, October 14, 2005

New Bond

The new James Bond has been unveiled and it's Daniel Craig. I've no idea what he's like but the Bond films have a firm place in my heart and I like to think of myself as a leading expert on the Bond films (ask me, I'll tell you). The Guardian reports an interesting quote:

Director Martin Campbell said the next film would be "definitely darker, more character, less gadgets".

I hope so. They were getting too silly. The last one had arguably the best first half (when captured as a political prisoner) and the worst second half (ice palace and all that stuff) of a Bond film. Anyway Daniel Craig is going to have his work cut out if he's going to come close to Pierce Brosnan and, of course, good old Roger Moore.

7 Comments:

Anonymous steph said...

A Blonde Bond? He looks good anyway: Pierce Brosnan was too pretty as well as getting too silly.

October 14, 2005

 
Blogger Michael F. Bird said...

Oh man, I was hoping Hugh Jackman would have got the part!

October 14, 2005

 
Anonymous steph said...

brosnan... i'm no pedant ... it was contagious

October 14, 2005

 
Blogger Jim said...

Connery was Bond. Brosnan was Bond. This guy, he's a weenie. I'll be rooting for the bad guys to snatch his blond head off his shoulders and feed it to the sharks.
;-)

October 14, 2005

 
Blogger J. B. Hood said...

I have to say I'm going to have a hermeneutic of suspicion with this one. Maybe this is how a series dies?

October 14, 2005

 
Anonymous steph said...

Pierce B has had a name change

October 15, 2005

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

If only my NT comments could get the same response!

October 18, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home