James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

SBL

Ok, stay with me here. I'm completely worn out with too much travelling. So here's a few things I'll blog on (why anyone would care I don't know). I sadly couldn't make the blogging session as there was a session I had to be at to possibly defend myself (I didn't have to). I've read the reports and spoken to people. I think there is something in what Paul Nikkel and Jasmin Finch say but more on that soon. So just the social side of things for now.

I also really wanted to go to the Stephen Carlson gathering on his latest book but it clashed with the Sheffield almuni meal at the Nodding Head (another microbrewery with great food). Graham Auld was guest speaker and it was a good old affair. Then it was the Sheffield and Sheffield Phoenix Press reception which attracted all sorts (in the best possible sense). This was a great night where I failed miserably in taking enough photos after being led astray by Hugh Pyper's legion of bad, bad friends (again in the very best possible sense).

Next on to some pub (possibly that Independent Brewery) with a largely Sheffield group and played pool until God knows what early hour. There poor old Paul Nikkel was taught a pool lession by yours truly. Sadly for me, I've barely slept since.

Saw more bloggers of course. Saw the ever friendly Jim West before I left (there are some pictures forthcoming Jim). Oh, and Mark Goodacre mocked me in the flesh over the bed picture. Come on, Mark, if Tracy Emin and Jim West can do it then that's good enough for me!

Missed anythinh out? Probably. Memory,as we all know, is not always the greatest help in historical reconstruction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen C. Carlson said...

Thanks for that. (Don't tell Jim, but I think I was the one who bought the last copy of your book!)

November 23, 2005

 
Anonymous steph said...

but unlike Tracy's, your bed doesn't confess much - it's all been zipped up!

November 24, 2005

 
Blogger Mark Goodacre said...

"Mocked"?! I thought I made clear that I was an admirer of the bed photograph, and I am delighted that Jim West has followed suit. It's just this kind of thing that the punters want. Just wait until next year -- everyone will be posting their bed pictures.

November 24, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home