James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Monday, May 08, 2006

Secularism and beyond...

Hector Avalos has a piece on the SBL Forum which takes the secular approach one step further. I think some of his points are very difficult to dispute (esp. those concerning poverty) and I've made a different (but complementary I think) case on class and biblical studies in that ever forthcoming book (Oct. 2006) I keep promoting. I think I am more optamistic than Avalos when I argue that getting more and more people in from different backgrounds and perspectives might be able to change things. But anyway, the piece is well worth reading and poses some significant challenges. Yet if he's right don't expect the discipline to absorb his arguments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home