James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

EABS 2006 Budapest

Well I'm off to Hungary in a day or so for the European Association of Bibilical Studies. Here are the programme and abstracts. I'll be presenting at the Study of the Historical Jesus seminar along with little Michael Bird. My title (like I hear you ask!)? 'From Jesus Observing Food and Purity Laws to Some Christians Not Bothering: A Causally Based Approach'. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I put that title forward. More and more I think it is not the greatest title ever. Anyway, content. It's a socio-economic explanation for the rise of Jesus' specific take on food and purity laws, the emergence of gentiles in subsequent Christianity, and differing levels of observance in the early church.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Hugh said...

Hi James

See you there!

August 02, 2006

 
Blogger Michael F. Bird said...

James,
See ya there too. I fly in on Sunday.

August 02, 2006

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

Yes, indeed: see you both there

August 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home