James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Thursday, December 14, 2006

History Today and the Christmas Story


I was meant to publicise this ages ago but got sidetracked. The December 2006 issue of the popular history magazine, History Today, has a cover feature called 'The First Christmas'. Geza Vermes gives a critical analysis of the birth and infancy narratives while I contextualise this in the history of critical scholarship on Christian Origins. Unless you go and buy it from your newsagents or whatever, you'll need subcription to get the whole lot online. I'm giving up even making sarcastic comments on self-publicity. Plenty do it, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Alas, another one I don't subscribe to. I found Vermes' article but none named for you. Are you saying that you and Vermes co-authored that one or did I miss yours somewhere?

And, as an aside, you should publicize yourself. How else are we to know? Angels with skywriting airplanes?

;-)

December 14, 2006

 
Blogger steph said...

But doesn't he work for the devil Jim? It'd be demons spray painting the sky from hell or something.

;-)

December 14, 2006

 
Blogger Jim said...

Steph.... you wicked Kiwi!

December 14, 2006

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

Vermes' is free but my piece ain't. It's not co-authored. My article is on critical approaces to christian origins so that readers of History Today can see what us lot do. Well, from my perspective anyway.

I think angel suits me best...

December 15, 2006

 
Blogger J. B. Hood said...

James,

Perhaps for Xmas next year you could get also free access to at least your article?

December 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home