James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Thursday, February 08, 2007

NT Today and Casey's forthcoming book

Matthijs den Dulk (NT Today) has plugged Maurice Casey's forthcoming book, The Solution of/to [I keep finding different versions] the Son of Man Problem. Being a wee bit biased on this issue I thought I'd simply note this too. I've read the book and, well, I'm convinced. It is very comprehensive and on the there are some entertaining polemics on top.

4 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

I'm a titch biased too...

February 08, 2007

 
Anonymous Antonio Jerez said...

Sounds really interesting. I´ll see to it that they order this book too to our library here in Goteborg
I hope Casey comes to the conclusion that the early church made up most, if not all, of the SoM sayings.

February 13, 2007

 
Anonymous Christopher Shell said...

Previous forays into this field have set up a false dichotomy between a Dan 7 eschatological SM and an Aramaic-based present SM. But there are other prime alternatives. For example, I hope he interacts with the very serious scholarly view that Jesus never referred to himself as SM (Bornkamm, Goulder).
After all, Dan 7 // Rev 1 is the very encapsulation of the early Christians' desperate hope (oxymoron alert) for Christ's return, and it would be far too great a coincidence if the very thing the earliest Christians had the greatest motivation to create just so happened to have already been Jesus's own top catchphrase.

February 16, 2007

 
Blogger James Crossley said...

Given the above, I think I'll give an overview of the book when it comes out.

February 17, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home