James Crossley's blog Contact: jgcrossley10 - AT - yahoo - DOT - co - DOT - uk

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Champions' League

Now I have time, let me mention the victory over Barcelona. A fantastic strike by Scholes settled it but the last 15 mins were unbearable. I don't want to be a killjoy but the performance over the two legs was a touch defensive. United circa '99 would have really gone for this and won I think. But to be fair to Fergie he did what had to be done. Barca were very technical and passed the ball very nicely but even Messi could do very little once they got close to the penalty box. Messi ran sideways a lot and while I'm not denying he is a great player United ultimately contained him (one beautifully time foul by Scholes right at the beginning perhaps the exception). I thought Tevez was excellent for United.

As for the other semi I don't like Liverpool or Chelsea but tribalism and deep rooted local rivalry makes me hate Liverpool more. So I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Antonio Jerez said...

So you should be happy that Chelsea won. Damn good football game! It had just about everything. Now I look forward to the final in Moscow ;)

May 01, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home